Choose a healthier and more fulfilling life
The importance of wellness
Wellness. It’s a bit of a millennial buzz word isn’t it. But what does it mean and why is it important?
It’s more than being physically well. It’s making an active commitment to pursue your physical, mental and social well-being. It’s about finding peace and happiness and creating space in your day for you. It can be about being still, it can be about laughing out loud. And, wellness is fundamental to our emotional stability and the ability to really be there for our family and friends.
Top tips for improving your wellness
Each of our one to one coaching sessions focuses on more than just your physical well-being. We take the time to find out about your life, pressures, family and work situation, as well as exploring your dreams for the future. And our group training sessions are also about having fun which will boost your mood. We can also offer counselling support from our resident psychologist.
If you want to start on your own, here are a few ideas we find helpful.
• Get out of bed a few minutes earlier each day and use this time to prepare your mind and body for the day ahead
• Take regular breaks throughout the day to appreciate the simple things in life – breathe some fresh air, look up at the sky, see how a friend is doing
• Take notes about what your plans are for the day and how you feel throughout the day
• Play outside – run, jump and be childlike again
• Close your eyes, read or have a go at meditation, which can help clear your mind. There are some great apps out there now
• Give yourself 10 minutes in silence after work to reflect on your day – you’ll then be ready to continue with your evening routine
• Try to make sure you get a good night’s sleep – turn off the electronics at least an hour before you go to bed.
Want to give it a try?
Do you think you need to work on your wellness, but are still a bit unsure of what to expect? We run wellness sessions every Sunday- why not come along and test the water?
Everyone is welcome to join and it’s a great way to get started and find out a bit more about what it’s all about. Get in touch today if you’re interested in coming along.
• Time: Sunday morning 9am
• Meeting Point: Kilbarchan Park
• Activity Type: Adventure, social, skills based, light cardio and strength, mobility
• Fitness Level: Suitable for all – as long as you don’t mind getting dirty from time to time!